Car Wash BMP's

We are working with a client who is doing research to set up a P2 program for the car washes in his service area. We are looking for the  "state of the art" in car wash design, latest treatment techniques and BMP's. Also,  we are looking for analysis of typical materials commonly discharged to the POTW. We do have a number of contacts in the San Francisco Bay area, but none outside of the area. I did notice in EPA BMP's that there is a car wash in Massachusetts that currently recycles 100% of its waste water; this is due to its location. We would be interested in learning of the technology.

We would appreciate any suggestions.

Bob Lanphear
Western Regional P2
Information Clearinghouse