RE: on-site wastewater treatment facility for hotels?

In a post to P2TECH, Rita Grech (kangaroo@maltanet.net) asks (in part):

	> I am looking at the economic and practical feasability of a hotel
having its own treatment plant or greywater recycling
	> or treatment plant on site (or sharing one with another hotel
nearby).  Could you please help me on this issue?

Rita --

One approach you may want to look at is being promoted by a company called
Living Machines, Inc.   They design small-scale biologically-based treatment
systems that attempt to mimic natural systems for waste water treatment.  I
don't have any independent info on economics, design or regulatory
constraints, etc but you can get some basic background on the technology and
find a contact at the firm by visiting their website
(http://www.livingmachines.com/aboutmachines/index.html).

Hope this helps.

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Pacific NW National Laboratory
4500 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle WA  98105-3900
206-528-3290 voice/206-528-3552 fax
http://www.chemalliance.org/