RE: Metal oxidation techniques

I agree with Terry Foecke -- this may be the only time I've seen someone ask
how to ENCOURAGE rust.
I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about corrosion
processes*, except that "rust never sleeps."
But I wonder if exposure to an ozone atmosphere in addition to the higher
temperature would eliminate or reduce the need for brine?

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
4500 Sandpoint Way, Seattle WA   98105
(206)-528-3290 voice/(206)-528-3552 fax
http://www.chemalliance.org/

*The fact that some would say I don't need to qualify my ignorance in such a
narrow way is another matter entirely, and we'll ignore that for now.