School bus routing software.. use CAMEO (no-cost)

Tuesday, April 4, 2000

Hello Jay

I suggest that you consider using a FREE software called
CAMEO, which stands for Computer Aided Management for
Emergency Operations. While it is intended for emergency
response, it allows you to place bus routes on a GIS map
of your area. You can obtain CAMEO free of charge from
EPA (check www.epa.gov), and you can request a map of
your county from EPA. The map is downloaded from a
software called Landview. One of its software is called
MARPLOT, it allows you to search for streets in your
town, and has a nice population database. As a NOAA
certified CAMEO instructor, I have worked with many
municipalities on the training and use of the CAMEO
package.

You may find that the NE office of emergency management
is already using CAMEO, as well as you local fire
department.

An excellent person at EPA to talk top about this is
Leonard Wallace, EPA region I, phone 617-918-1835.

Hope this info helps.
Ihab