RE: Metal oxidation techniques-Reply

A related note -- another building built to rust permanently is the building of
Construction Fasteners in Wyomissing (or West Reading, the neighboring suburb),
Pennsylvania.  I understand the owner of Construction Fasteners is Irvin Cohen.
My dad thinks the steel used may be called CoreTen and that any of the big steel
manufacturers like US Steel (USX), National  Steel, or Bethlehem Steel can make
steel for this purpose.  By the way, the Construction Fasteners building was
built in the late 60's or early 70's, and I believe it holds up well (I drive
past it every so many years.)    Very innovative building -- including a sloping
roof  that meets landscaped turf on the same slope continuum for rain water
runoff.

Kathy Davey
USEPA

wjw5@psu.edu on 03/31/2000 05:27:04 PM