Re: Pulp and Paper

Here are several resources for P2:

I'm coordinating the pulp and paper pollution prevention program (P5) here at the Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality.  Our website has several case studies as well as the 1999 Annual report detailing our program.

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/p2sect/p5/

The state of Georgia also has a good P2 report on the pulp and paper industry, entitled "Analysis of pollution prevention opportunities and impediments in the pulp and paper industry." (under publications)

http://www.georgianet.org/dnr/p2ad/

EPA has a document entitled: "Handbook on P2 opportunities for Bleached Kraft pulp and paper mills,"
dated June 1993, EPA 600/R-93/098.

Hope this helps.

Jenna Latt
Pollution Prevention Section
Environmental Assistance Division
(517) 373-3675 (fax)

>>> Will Howard <will.howard@ncmail.net> 04/06 11:16 AM >>>
    I'm looking for any reference material on pollution prevention in
the pulp and paper industry.  Case studies, research, anything.  It is
for a core sector section of the North Carolina DPPEA core reference
material being put together on a number of industries.

Thank You,  Will Howard
Environmental Analyst

Juna Z. Snow
List Manager