Re: Pulp and Paper

Here are several resources:

The State of Michigan Dept. of Env. Quality has a Pulp and Paper Pollution Prevention Program (P5, which I coordinate). Our website has several case studies as well as the 1999 Annual report and can be found at http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/p2sect/

The State of Georgia website has a good publication entitled, "An analysis of pollution prevention opportunities and impediments in the pulp and paper manufacturing sector in Georgia ", http://www.georgianet.org/dnr/p2ad/

The EPA has a publication, "Handbook on pollution prevention opportunities for bleached kraft pulp and paper mills," EPA 600/R-93/098 (June 1993).

Hope this helps.

Jenna Latt
Pollution Prevention Section
Environmental Assistance Division
(517) 373-3675 (fax)

>>> Will Howard <will.howard@ncmail.net> 04/06 11:16 AM >>>
    I'm looking for any reference material on pollution prevention in
the pulp and paper industry.  Case studies, research, anything.  It is
for a core sector section of the North Carolina DPPEA core reference
material being put together on a number of industries.

Thank You,  Will Howard
Environmental Analyst

Juna Z. Snow
List Manager