Re: Recycling Alkaline Batteries, Computer Systems, CRT's andTV's

Robert,

Check out the National Recycling Coalition: Electronics Recycling Initiative  web page at:

http://www.nrc-recycle.org/Programs/electronics/online.htm

They have an online forum you can join and downloadable reports and documents on CRT and electronics recycling, including state initiatives.

Arthur L. Coleman, Jr.
Ohio EPA, DHWM
Technical Support Unit
Lazarus Government Center
122 South Front Street
Columbus Ohio 43215
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
(614) 644-2917
FAX (614) 728-1245
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/dhwm
art.coleman@epa.state.oh.us

                                _   _
                               O  O
 _______| | | | | _______ | | | | |___
|                     OHIO    EPA               |
|_ ________________________ |

Robert's message:

We are doing an information search for latest "state of the art" and current technologies used to recycle (NOT REUSE) the following items:
1. Alkaline Batteries
2. Complete Computer Systems including Monitors and Printers
3. CRT's
4. TV's

Also, if you have information, how are these items being handled in your own local area; are there any unique processes or methods being used to encourage recycling within your own state?

Thank you in advance for any information you may send.

Bob Lanphear
Western Regional P2
Information Clearinghouse
%DTSC/OPPTD