Re: street sweeping

Can it be stored, or given to a "municipality" for reapplication to the roadways during the winter season?  I'm sure some type of screening of the sweepings and mixing with virgin "sand" would need to be part of the process.

David Herb
Technical Assistance Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-373-3675
Email: herbdw@state.mi.us

Environmental Assistance Center 1-800-662-9278
Visit the MDEQ-EAD Website at: http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/

>>> "Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention" <c2p2@sarnia.com> 04/18 3:08 PM >>>
Hi everyone

We have a client interested in street sweepings.  They would like to know if
anybody is recycling their street sweepings and if so what exactly is being
done with them?  The sand that street sweepers collect is high in salt
content and at this time it is being landfilled.  Does anyone have any
information or contacts for alternatives to landfilling the sweepings?

Deb Foster
Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention
100 Charlotte Street
Sarnia, ON  N7T 4R2
519-337-3423
Fax: 519-337-3486