Subject: street sweeping
Author:  Bruce Suits at city-emp-safe Date:    4/18/2000 4:00 PM

Bill:

Thought you might want to see the inquiry below.  It makes me wonder about
what else might be in the "sweepings" e.g., lead, which also makes me
wonder about what the sweepings would be "recycled" into.  If you have any
thoughts about this, please feel free to respond directly to Deb Foster or
you can send an email to me.  Thanks!

Bruce

Author:  "Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention" <c2p2@sarnia.com> at
Internet
Date:    4/18/2000 3:08 PM

Hi everyone

We have a client interested in street sweepings.  They would like to know if
anybody is recycling their street sweepings and if so what exactly is being
done with them?  The sand that street sweepers collect is high in salt
content and at this time it is being landfilled.  Does anyone have any
information or contacts for alternatives to landfilling the sweepings?

Deb Foster
Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention
100 Charlotte Street
Sarnia, ON  N7T 4R2
519-337-3423
Fax: 519-337-3486