RE: street sweeping

The City of Long Beach California has an extensive composting program for
street sweepings since around 1996.  Contact Kevin Taugher (562) 570-2850.
The City of Portland and State of Oregon Department of Transportation both
have ongoing projects.  The City composts screened leaves, with magnetic
separation.  Contact Randy Johnson at (503) 823-7004.  The State is doing a
three phase project to determine if beneficial uses can be had from street
sweepings and have a draft report out.  Contact Jeff Moore at (503)
731-8289.