Re: reuse for garnet sludge

Technicut [http://forsee.com/hti/abjets.htm] sells abrasive waterjets using garnet for cutting metals.  Their website states that you can talk to their technical representatives at 1-800-982-8045.  I would give them a try.

David Herb
Technical Assistance Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-373-3675
Email: herbdw@state.mi.us

Environmental Assistance Center 1-800-662-9278
Visit the MDEQ-EAD Website at: http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/

>>> <Alvin_McGrath@ci.savannah.ga.us> 04/21 10:36 AM >>>
I would like to ask the list if there are any suggestions for facilities
which cut metals using high pressure water.  A finely powdered stream of
garnet is added to the water as an abrasive and quickly settles to the
bottom of the tank.  This "sludge" is currently being pumped out and
disposed of.  Large pieces of metal are removed, but the sludge surely
includes a substantial amount of metals and other cutting materials.

Any ideas for the beneficial reuse of this product?

Alvin McGrath
Industrial Pretreatment