Winery p2

Hi All,

I am seeking information regarding the comparison of two processes used in Winemaking. Does anyone have information which can provide both a cost saving and environmental (best process) comparison for wine filtering?

The two processes that are currently in use are
*Bentonite
*Diatomaceous Earth

These processes are used in the wine filtering for several wineries in our area.  Some questions exist as to the most environmentally friendly and cost effective process.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Also, one winery has questions on the possible re-use of corks that do not meet specifications.  Does anyone have some suggestions on the use of (or recycling) of the corks?

Sincerely,
Joel Blood
jblood@dtsc.ca.gov

Western Regional P2