how the "I Love you" virus is passed on

All,
The "I love you virus" is passed on through nothing but an innocent
action on the part of the mail recipient--opening the attachment to the
mail message.  That action causes the person's mailer to send the virus
to everyone in his or her address book, including listservers (like
P2tech).  Unless virus protection software was updated yesterday, it
provided no protection. Only person knowledge of this virus (which not
everyone had) can could stop its passage.  Blaming the person passing it
on is completely inappropriate.

Frankly, I hope to never see such language on this listserver again.

Kelly Moran