in-process quench oil recycling

There are technologies available for removing contaminants from quench oils
in process, thereby extending the life of the quenchant.  Some of these
technologies are simple strainers, magnetic filters and traps.  More
sophisticated systems contain filter media or centrifuges to remove
contaminants.

What are the challenges to implementing these various technologies?

How long might the useful life of the quenchant be extended?  I know this is
going to be application specific and will very depending on the type of heat
treating being performed prior to the quenching, but I am only looking for
ranges.

What are the range of purchase costs for the more sophisticated units?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Andy Bray
Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA)
129 Portland Street, Sixth Floor
Boston, MA 02114
617-367-8558 ext. 306
http://www.newmoa.org