Re: spray painting instructor

Wow - just the question we are always looking for....

The Iowa Waste Reduction Center has two programs dealing with improved
painting techniques to reduce waste, in air emissions and hazardous
waste generation that result in improved finishe quality.

The Spray Technique Analysis and Research (STAR) program teaches better
painting technique, is widely applied in the autobody industry, and is
available to transfer to any community college program. Bill Zimmerle is
the program manager and can be reached at the IWRC, 319/273-8905 or
1-800-422-3109.

The Painting and Coating Compliance Enhancement (PACE) program is geared
toward the manufacturing industry and puts togther the STAR training and
other waste reduction techniques for a facilitywide process
improvement.  Brian Gedlinske is the program manager and can also be
reached at the IWRC, 319/273-8905.  The number referenced in an early
reply has the wrong area code.

Incidently, Rick Bauer (of Indiana) was with the IWRC during the
formation of the STAR program.

Check out our website at www.iwrc.org for more information about the
programs.  We also have two research facilities equipped with fully
operational paint booths, mix rooms and the equipment to measure
transfer efficiency.  The PACE facility also has a powder coating
operations and racking system.

We have case studies, manuals, training and measurement material, and
videos available.

Thanks for asking,
Sue