RE: soaps for oil/water separators

The Naval Civil Engineering Lab tested a number of degreasers for use in
cleaning bilges and ship tanks, to minimize the quantity of oily wastewater
generated.  Results were published as a technical note, the full citation
is:

T. Torres (1991)  Nonpersistent Emulsifying Degreaser Test Results.  NCEL
Technical Note N-1824.  Naval Civil Engineering Laboratory, Port Hueneme,
CA.

The report contains a listing of all the degreasers tested, and their
performance in the tests conducted.  It can be obtained from the Naval
Civil Engineering Laboratory, Port Hueneme, CA 93043-5003.

Ben

Benjamin S. Magbanua Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
University of Georgia
Driftmier Engineering Center
Athens, GA 30602-4435
Voice 706.542.4493