[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: dentists who have pledged to go Hg-free?
You may want to log on to the American Dental Association web site at
www.ada.org. They have
a great deal of information on this topic. You will need to use their
search feature to pull it all together.
Illinois Waste Management and Research Center
At 02:35 PM 6/1/00 -0400, Andy Bray wrote:
apologize for the delayed response, but I came across a reference that
may be of interest. There is a website for a mercury-free dental
care practice in Norcross, Georgia.
The website makes a strong argument against mercury amalgams. The
website does not contain a listing of other mercury-free practices, but
they may be aware of such a listing.
As an aside, my own dentist
does not use mercury amalgams. His choice to do so, however, was
not due to environmental or human health concerns, but based solely on
him feeling that composites are stronger and longer lasting. He
does not advertise as being mercury free, and I am guessing this is the
case with many other dentists. This may be why finding such a
listing is difficult.
Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA)
129 Portland Street, Sixth Floor
Boston, MA 02114
617-367-8558 ext. 306
Behalf Of Stephanie C. Davis
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 5:20 PM
Subject: dentists who have pledged to go Hg-free?
- I received the below query; can anyone help her?
- Please reply DIRECTLY to: KatieandMic LeBel"
- and cc the listserv (if appropriate) and myself:
- Thanks! and apologies for any duplications.
- Hi Stephanie,
- My name is Katie LeBel and I am the public relations manager for
Recycline, a company that makes a recyclable toothbrush from recycled
materials. I am compiling a list of "alternative" dental
professionals and wondering if you also have a list of dentists who have
pledged to go mercury free. Any assistance you can provide would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- Best regards,
- Katie LeBel
Stephanie C. Davis - BFA,
- Experienced Professional of Healthcare &
- Non-Residential Waste
- Waste Reduction Remedies
- A Multi-Waste Stream, Multi-Material
- Waste Management Company
- 1497 Hopkins Street #2D Berkeley CA 94702-1201
- Telephone & Fax: 510/527-8864 Pacific Time
- E-mail: ScD18@WasteReductionRemedies.com