From: <jsenn@thesigmagroup.com>
To: <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 2:32 PM
Subject: Stoddard Solvent Substitute

Hello to all,

I am looking for a substitute for stoddard solvent (mineral spirits).  The
solvent is used to "rough" clean parts after machining processes and is used
as
a temporary rust preventative.  Further cleaning processes occur later in
the
manufacturing process.  Current practice is to dispose of the spent solvent
as a
hazardous waste due to flash point.   Are there solvents available having
higher
flash points which can serve the same purpose?  Any information will be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff Senn
Sigma Environmental Services