[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Dental Office Mercury Data
- Subject: Dental Office Mercury Data
- From: Thomas Barron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:52:28 -0700
- List-Name: p2tech
- References: <c=US%a=_%p=UTC%l=PWFLML06-971112115020Zemail@example.com> <363F9FCD.3F28@ibm.net>
- Reply-To: Thomas Barron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We are continuing to work on the study of mercury releases from dental
offices. Our results so far are posted on the City of Palo Alto
At present we are looking into the fate of amalgam waste that is
collected by a dental office vacuum system, and have these questions to
 Do you have any data on the amounts of amalgam
captured in vacuum eductor systems?
 Are dental vacuum lines disinfected?
 What disinfectants (bleach, phenolics, quaternary
ammonium chlorides, etc.) are used, and at what
 How often is this disinfection typically done?
 Do any of the disinfectants, bleach in particular,
dissolve mercury from the waste amalgam?
 Do you have any data that show how much mercury is
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Thomas Barron, PE
3351 Beechwood Drive
Lafayette, CA 94549