Dental Office Mercury Data

P2Techs -

We are continuing to work on the study of mercury releases from dental
offices.  Our results so far are posted on the City of Palo Alto
website:

<http://www.city.palo-alto.ca.us/cleanbay/publications.html>

At present we are looking into the fate of amalgam waste that is
collected by a dental office vacuum system, and have these questions to
ask you:

	[1]	Do you have any data on the amounts of amalgam
		captured in vacuum eductor systems?

	[2]	Are dental vacuum lines disinfected?

	[3]	What disinfectants (bleach, phenolics, quaternary
		ammonium chlorides, etc.) are used, and at what
		strength?

	[4]	How often is this disinfection typically done?

	[5]	Do any of the disinfectants, bleach in particular,
		dissolve mercury from the waste amalgam?

	[6]	Do you have any data that show how much mercury is
		in bleach?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Thomas Barron, PE