Re: Public Water System P2

At 03:44 PM 6/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I am working with our agency's Wellhead Protection program regarding P2 for
>public water supplies.
>
>We are familiar with EPA's sector guide for local governments, as well as
>much of the work done with POTW's.  We also have a lot of information
>regarding sectors that might affect wellhead protection areas (such as auto
>repair and dry cleaning), so I'm not asking for basic P2 information.  I've
>also checked the P2 tech archives and don't recall seeing much on this
>specific topic.  But if any of you have worked with public water supply
>system operators and have some helpful hints regarding P2 incentives, or
>assistance, I would appreciate it!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marianne Fitzgerald
>Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality
>811 SW Sixth Avenue
>Portland, OR   97204
>fitzgerald.marianne@deq.state.or.us
>phone (503) 229-5946
>fax (503) 229-5850

Hi Marianne,

Look at the the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority toxics reduction
program at http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/sewer/html/trac.htm.  Much of it
looks wastewater oriented, but the MWRA also provides water to metro Boston.

Also, the City of Lowell has just sought certification to the ISO 14001
standard for its Wastewater Treatment Department, which is waste not water
supply but may be of interest.  Contact Matt Donohue at
<mdonahue@donahueattorneys.com>

I hope this is helpful.  Good Luck!

Janet Clark <clarkjan@turi.org>
Associate Director for Information