RE: emissions from heat treatment of steel

The fiberglass filter will take out some particulate and oil mist but any
vapors will pass through.  You should be able to get efficiency for the
filter from the supplier.  The oil mist and particulates could be removed
from the filter, captured, and measured to quantify what is captured over a
specific time period.  The oil mist could be skimmed from an aqueous cleaner
and the particulates filtered and dried in order to measure them.  With this
information (amount captured and capture efficiency) you can back into an
estimated emission of oil mist and particulates.

If you can get the expected decomposition products or other chemistry from
the quench oil manufacturer you can measure the amount of loss of quench oil
(or amount of addition to maintain tank level) and calculate the potential
emissions.  With the information on particulate and oil mist captured above
the difference between captured and makeup would be a reasonable
approximation of the loss.

All that said, it might be just as easy to stack sample although the above
could probably be done in-house if resources (time and people) are
available.  Could be a good challenging and interesting job for a summer
intern.

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef