EPP workshop in the making

Hi,

Sorry for the cross-posting.

Who has done or will be doing an environmentally preferably purchasing
workshop/seminar in '99 or '00?  Would you be willing to share your
experience?
Favorite resources?

One of the P2 service providers here in Region 7 has one in the making, it
seems
to me that there's an opportunity to build the P2 emphasis over the "buy
recycled" side of the education to be provided.

We already know of, but aren't yet completely familiar with the content or the
links from these sites:
-  NACO starter kit - http://www.naco.org/programs/environ/purchase.cfm
-  EPA EPP - www.epa.gov/dfe/epp and http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/epp/
-  GSA - http://www.gsa.gov/planetgsa/buy/buy.htm
-  USAF Affirmative Procurement - http://www.afcee.brooks.af.mil/eq/ap/gg/ and

http://www.afcee.brooks.af.mil/eq/ap/ap.htm
-  MARC - http://www.marc.org/green.htm
-  GreenSeal - http://www.greenseal.org/

Other than that, we haven't done a search for information - this request is
intended to find the favorite resources of those who have just delivered or
are
about to deliver a workshop.

As you can see, most of the above resources are very much public sector
oriented.  I believe the audience for the upcoming EPP is more for the
small-medium sized businesses, those not so much driven by public procurement
policy.

I know there is a great deal of successful effort in the building and
construction arena - but I think this audience would be more interested with
maintenance/operations building-owner issues - contracts/specifications
pertaining to paints/coatings and energy use as examples rather than new
building specs.

In my dream P2 world realm, I personally would like to see a purchasing guide
recommendation that our Small Business Development Center counselors would
cheerfully hand out to the businesses as a way to save money....  Something to
gear them up for P2 week...

thanks,

Rick Yoder
NBDC, Nebraska MEP, P2RIC