Re: Electronic components

I believe the May 2000 issue of the Waste-Less Newsletter at http://www.wa.gov/ecology/biblio/0007020.html discusses Massachusetts' ban on land filling computers, and the enormous amount of electronics disposal occurring in the country.

>>> "Marlyn Aguilar" <maguilar@eha.health.state.hi.us> 07/07 11:10 AM >>>
Hi again!

Does anyone have more information on computer monitors (CRTs),
circuit boards, other electronic components and how they should
handled and/or disposed?  I know that some states have banned
disposal.  In the past, we've suggested recycling or reuse. There's
also some concern that some of the components may be
considered hazardous waste.  What are other states doing to address
this issue and what options are available?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Marlyn Aguilar
Hawaii Dept of Health
Waste Minimization Coordinator