P2 & Printing & Procurement

Hello,

We are working on a project to determine how to get more printers to
participate in local Green Business Programs.

For this project we are seeking data and studies on the environmental
and human health effects of the chemicals and processes used by the
printing industry.  Any help you could provide would be much
appreciated.

Also, we are trying to find environmentally preferred purchasing policy
language used by government agencies and large corporations that favor
service providers who do P2.  Do you know of any organizations which
give preference to businesses that do P2?  We've found lots of sources
for EPPs that encourage use of recycled materials, but few that look at
service providers.

Please send your responses to:
Julia Laurin at julialaurin@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Susan Blachman
Environmental Finance Center, Region IX
851 West Midway Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501-5012
phone: 510-653-8797
fax: 510-451-4115

working for cleaner communities through cleaner business