Re: P2 Challenge Programs

Kathy -
Sender: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net

Illinois has            Regulatory Integration
                              Mercury Reduction Project for Hospitals
                              Greater Chicago Pollution Prevention Project
                              Common Sense Initiative (CSI) - Metal
Finishing Sector
                         Partners for Pollution Prevention Program
         More Info See   http://www.epa.state.il.us/p2/programs.html

There is also the IL Great Printers Project which is managed by the IL
Waste Management & Research Center - IDNR, IL EPA, and Printing Industries
of IL & IN (PII)
         More Info See   http://pneac.org/greatprinters/gppmoreinfo.html
                         http://www.epa.state.il.us/environmental-progress/v

http://www.epa.state.il.us/environmental-progress/v21/n4/great-printers.html

Deb Jacobson

At 05:31 PM 7/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>(As usual, sorry for cross-postings!)
>
>Hi everyone.  We (CA Dept of Toxics P2 Program) have made several queries
>to these lists about voluntary pollution prevention programs.  Mostly, we
>focused on awards and recognition programs.   This time, I would like to
>get information specifically about challenge programs--like the USEPA's
>33/50 program, which invited companies to help the agency meet specific
>pollution prevention goals.  Recognition was a part of the program, of
>course, but not the sole element.  The purpose of a challenge program is
>to cause increased pollution prevention--and recognize the results--not
>just reward activities that have already taken place.
>
>If you know of or operate such a program, we would appreciate information.
>Please respond to this list, or if you would rather respond off-line,
>respond to Joel Blood here at DTSC. You can reach Joel at (916) 445-2948,
>or email at jblood@dtsc.ca.gov.  (I will be out of the office from 7/7
>through 7/14 and Joel has agreed to follow up on this information.)

>Thanks in advance!!

Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu
PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org