Re: Construction & Demolition Debris Recycling

Nancy -
Although I do not have a specific contact (maybe someone else from Chicago
area does), but you may want to contact the City of Chicago's Department of
Environment.  The City of Chicago has the "Blue Bag Recycling Program" for
Chicago residents.  At one time part of that program required that their
contractor Waste Management, Inc. must recycle C & D waste that comes
through the sorting facility.  The City of Chicago Department of
Environment Recycling Hotline can be reached
at                312-744-1614.  Their web site is
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Environment/index.html

Debra Jacobson

At 09:23 AM 7/21/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Ohio is currently reviewing rules to encourage recycling C&DD
>materials.  Ohio regulates C&DD separately from solid waste so tipping
>fees at C&DD landfills are very low - $2-$20 per ton.
>
>We are looking for recycle/reuse incentive programs, grant programs to
>stimulate C&DD recycling/ markets, requirements to reuse in roadbase and
>any other initiatives.
>
>Seeking information on what other states have done.  Thanks
>
>Nancy Moore, OPP
>Ohio EPA
>nancy.moore@epa.state.oh.us
>614/644-2928