Digital Versatile Disc (DVD)

Hi all,

We have a client who is in the DVD manufacturing business.  He has requested help in obtaining p2 /source reduction information in the DVD Video market.

As I understand the manufacturing process, the DVD is similar to the CD process, except that the injection molding and hot melt gluing processes differ.  Mastering involves creating an encoded nickel plate that is copied for production  The replication process creates the actual polycarbonate disks.  Depending on the type of disk, two layers may be bonded together.

As with all of the new technologies, the DVD business is gaining much attention due to it's superior storage capacity.

We would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Joel Blood
jblood@dtsc.ca.gov

Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated

Western Regional Pollution Prevention
Information Clearinghouse
DTSC
Office of Pollution Prevention & Technology Development
P.O. Box 806, Sacramento,CA. 95812-0806
1-800-700-5854

We provide a free & confidential
non-regulatory p2 research service.