Re: P2 for Vocational Education

In a previous life as a staff member of the Waste Reduction Institute (aka
WRITAR), I co-developed training modules for technical college instructors.
If I recall correctly, modules were developed for: autobody repair/vehicle
maintenance, building design & construction, printing & graphics, farm
business management, and dental assistance.  These modules were developed
with grant funding from the Minnesota Office of Waste Management (now the
MN Office of Environmental Assistance), and the project was completed in
1995.

Contacting the MN OEA is probably your quickest route to accessing the
training modules, etc. that were developed for this grant project.  MN OEA
can be reached at 1-800-657-3843 or http://www.moea.state.mn.us.  I'm not
sure who the right contact person would be; you'll probably have to do some
fishing.

>Hello List:
>
>I am searching for information on P2 initiatives in vocational education
>settings, both at the high school and junior or technical college level.
>This may include but is not limited to the following topics: industrial
>arts, construction, carpentry, automotive repair, auto body repair, metals
>and welding, horticulture, animal science, agricultural mechanics, photo
>shop and light manufacturing.  Any information is appreciated (research,
>case studies, curriculums, fact sheets, lab manuals...).
>
>You may respond directly if you like, for those who are also interested I
>will post a summary of my findings to the list at later date.
>
>Thank you,
>TMB
>
>Thomas M. Bass
>Peaks to Prairies P2 Information Center
>http://peakstoprairies.org
>Montana State University Extension Service
>PO Box 173580, Bozeman, MT 59717-3580
>Phone: (406) 994-3451 * Fax: (406) 994-5417
>tmbass@montana.edu

John Jaimez
Materials Productivity LLC
1821 University Ave. W., #S-286
Saint Paul, MN  55104
Ph. 651/603-8282    Fax 651/603-8286

 "Every great movement must experience three stages:
    ridicule, discussion, adoption." - John Stuart Mill