Re: SBDC legislation

All,

Here in Texas, the North Texas SBDC has had an Environmental
Assistance Program for the 4 years that I have been associated
with the NIST/MEP program. To date, I believe that most of their
funding has come from grants that they have written.

I work closely with my SBDC since they specifically handle
compliance issues. Many times, I will provide their name to the
companies who prefer to call them rather than the state SBAP.
Many of the smaller businesses still do not have trust in a state
SBAP because of their association/location with the state
regulatory agency.

We end up with a two-pronged approach for companies-the SBDC
to handle the compliance issues (their person is well equipped to
handle this) and the NIST/MEP to improve processes driving them
to lean and clean.

I would suggest that someone research to see what is the driver
behind this.

Kirsten