Re: Industry / State collaborative projects

At 08:43 AM 8/16/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>Everyone
>
>Our office is in the very early planning stages of developing a new
>collaborative State / Industry Sector project. At this point we are
>interested in evaluating a broad range of options including
>
>1.  Grant programs
>2.  Loan programs or other financial assistance programs
>3.  Broader environmental initiatives eg EMS, Sustainability, or extended
>producer responsibility.
>
>Could people direct me to or provide examples of these types of programs and
>perhaps provide some very limited feedback on the successes / drawbacks to
>program.
>
>Thanks in advance, Greg
>
>Greg Newman, Waste Programs Unit
>New South Wales, EPA
>PO Box A290
>Sydney South NSW 1232
>Australia
>Email: newmang@epa.nsw.gov.au <mailto:newmang@epa.nsw.gov.au>
>Website:  www.epa.nsw.gov.au <http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au>

Hi Greg,

We have industry, research and community grants programs, as well as a nice
intern program we subsidized for a while. See our website under
"Technology" click through to the "Industry Matching Grants", "Cleaner
Technology Demonstration Sites", and
"University Research in Sustainable Technologies".  Ths intern program is
described under "University Programs" in the "Technology " section.

Our community grants program is described at www.turi.org/community

I hope these models are helpful!  Good luck.

Janet Clark <clarkjan@turi.org>
Associate Director for Information
MA Toxics Use Reduction Institute
University of Massachusetts