window air conditioners

I was asked to post the following request to P2Tech.  I'll forward all suggestions to this individual.  Thanks,

"The Center for Neighborhood Technology (feel free to check out www.cnt.org)
has a contract with ComEd to replace about 350 aged window air conditioners
with high efficiency units this year, and maybe as many as 1,000 per month
next year. We have access to a scrap dealer who will do a good job of fluid
removal for a reasonable price. But we hope there is the potential for
reusing some components, such as the heat exchangers, to add value to the
transactions. I have searched around and found nobody who is doing that. Do
you know anyone who is? Thanks in advance."

Bill Eyring, P.E., Senior Engineer, Center for Neighborhood Technology
2125 W. North Ave., Chicago, IL 60647
773-278-4800, ext. 116, FAX 278-3840

David Herb
Technical Assistance Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-373-3675
Email: herbdw@state.mi.us

Environmental Assistance Center 1-800-662-9278
Visit the MDEQ-EAD Website at: http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/