Re: RE: glutaraldehyde

It appears you should continue looking for individuals/companies having experience with your situation as the document located at http://www.ofm.uwa.edu.au/ops/enviro/indwaste_brochure.htm states "While small amounts of a wide range of chemical residues may be safely disposed of to the sewerage system, there are many chemicals for which this is not appropriate. Of particular concern are the following compounds which produce toxic vapours, such as cyanide, ammonia, formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde.

David Herb
Technical Assistance Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-373-3675
Email: herbdw@state.mi.us

Environmental Assistance Center 1-800-662-9278
Visit the MDEQ-EAD Website at: http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/

>>> "Illig, Richard" <Illig.Richard@dep.state.pa.us> 08/23 7:41 AM >>>

	Although I have no information about the chemical discussed in your
message I do have a potential alternative to chemical treatment of cooling
water for consideration.
	Electronic treatment:  We have dealt with one company that reports a
savings of over $4000.00 annually on chemical treatments by installing such
a system.  They also reported a very short payback time on the initial
investment.
	A second company in our area is installing a similar system but no
reports on their progress are available at this time.
	For more detailed information http://www.pnl.gov/fta/11_non.htm

Ric