P2 Week History

I'm trying to pull together some facts on P2 Week and its history and
looking for some information. I believe that Pollution Prevention Week
began in ~1992 in California at the local grass roots level. Since that
time, a celebration of the week to promote and highlight pollution
prevention has spread throughout the country. I believe that the first
national recognition was in 1996 when President Clinton signed a letter of
support for the week.

Which organization initiated P2 Week with national recognition?
Is there a National P2 Week WEB site?
Is there a copy of a national proclamation or equivalent for P2 Week 2000?
Is P2 Week sponsored by a Federal Organization?
Is it recognized by Congress?

Help would be appreciated.