From: Deb Jacobson [mailto:djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 11:17 AM
To: P2Tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Need Referral - Outstanding P2 @ Electronics Manufacturer

Good morning all!

I have been contacted by one of the largest electronics manufacturing
companies in the U.S. (head quartered in the Chicago area) for assistance
with improving their P2 program.  They have requested that I help them find
a similar type of company (preferably electronics manufacturer) that has
been highly successful at reducing solid waste at their facility.  I have
contacted an ISO certification agency to get a referral from them.  While I
am waiting for their reply I would appreciate any suggestions and referrals
any of you may have.  This company would like to visit the facility that I
identify as a good example to benchmark themselves for improvement.  They
are willing to travel anywhere in the continental U.S. (no Hawaii).

A little background - the company feels they have done pretty well so far,
but they want to do better.  They consider themselves good collectors,
separators and recyclers.  They feel their opportunities for easy
reductions are gone.  Currently they are working on returnable packaging
issues for all 517 suppliers to their site.   Their goal is to further
reduce  - not just separate and recycle.

Most of their waste comes from packaging, remodeling/construction debris
and food waste from the cafeteria.  They want to benchmark a company that
excels in one or all areas.  They currently have student interns working on
the packaging and cafeteria waste reduction efforts.

Your referrals are appreciated!

Deb Jacobson

---------------------------------
Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu
PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org
GLRPPR http://www.glrppr.uiuc.edu
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12
Oakbrook, IL  60523
630/472-5019
630/472-5023 Fax

<>
<>
<> Composting is "Mulch" Better!  Attend Composting Workshops -
<>  www.dep.state.pa.us (directLINK "Composting")