RE: "green" school info request

The PA DEP is working with a program called the High Performance School
Partnership.  This program encompasses several sub-projects including "green
purchasing" to procure and effectively use products within schools as you
described.  In addition, there is a sub-project for buying-recycled products
including energy conservation related products as well as environmentally
sustainable products.  At this point, the projects are still in process.

Please check on the web at www.dep.state.pa.us and www.prc.org.  As these
sub-projects mature during the next two years, information will be posted.
In addition, feel free to contact me at gordon.joanne@dep.state.pa.us .

Some sites to review also include a link from Pennsylvania government
purchasing at www.dgs.state.pa.us/comod/QA/grrep.htm - it is Green Seals'
choose green reports- look up the report on industrial and institutional
cleaners for a
good summary of criteria to consider. From the federal EPA
http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/epp/  ,
http://www.epa.gov/epahome/other_0914.htm .

Jo Anne Gordon       PA DEP - OPPCA  15th FL, RCSOB   P. O. Box 8772
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772
Voice   717-787-0121    Fax   717-783-2703     E-mail
gordon.joanne@dep.state.pa.us
Please visit our Web Site:   http://www.dep.state.pa.us

Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.  We allow them
to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.
--     Buckminster Fuller