RE: Fuding Sources for Fire Training Simulator?

Laura - A couple of suggestions:

*	Some states send their fire fighters to formal fire fighting schools
such as those listed in OSHA 1910.156 Fire Brigades.  I've listed the
specific paragraph below.

			The quality of the training and education program
for fire brigade members shall be similar to those conducted by such fire
training schools as the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute; Iowa Fire
Service Extension; West Virginia Fire Service Extension; Georgia Fire
Academy, New York State Department, Fire Prevention and Control; Louisiana
State University Firemen Training Program, or Washington State's Fire
Service Training Commission for Vocational Education. (For example, for the
oil refinery industry, with its unique hazards, the training and education
program for those fire brigade members shall be similar to those conducted
by Texas A & M University, Lamar University, Reno Fire School, or the
Delaware State Fire School.)

*	Contact FM Global.  They are an insurance company and assist fire
departments (a better fire department equates to less fire loss).  Check out
their home page http://www.fmglobal.com.

*	Also, I would suggest talking Mike Whelchel from TSB Loss Control
out of Rome, GA.  They, in adition to the locations listed above, have a
state of the art fire fighting/training operation.  Mike may be able to
point you in the best direction.  Mikes number is 706-291-1222.

Good luck.  Regards,

Joel Gaither, P.E.
Property Insurance &
Fire Protection Manager