RE: How much $ do firms borrow for P2?

I have a couple of thoughts about the Ohio data:

1. I think this data includes loans for equipment that was required by regulation, such as dry cleaning machines.

2. Ohio's loan program may require more paperwork than traditional bank-financing. So, maybe it's not worth the hassle unless the loan value is high and thus the savings on interest would be great.

Another comment on businesses not wanting to spend money on P2 when compared to other alternatives:

I would think that if you had plans to grow your business, you would want to update your technology so that you would be using the latest and greatest. I seem to remember something from finance class about exchanging variable cost for fixed cost.

Vanessa Hinkle
Ohio EPA
Division of Air Pollution Control
(614) 752-0728