Re: Hybrid Vehicles

Julie -

I have seen a few newspaper articles - one appeared in the Chicago Tribune
Magazine a few weeks ago (I'm sorry I don't have the exact date).  The
article compared the vehicles fuel efficiency and cost compared to owning
and operating a Honda Civic.

Also - I was told by someone who participated in the initial research of
the cars that if you are going to purchase one of the Toyotas do it
now.  Toyota is actually selling them for about $10,000 - $15,000 less than
what it actually costs to make them.  They are doing this to get them out
on the market.  Once that is done you can expect the price to go up
significantly.  These vehicles were researched and tested at Argonne
National Laboratories (south west of Chicago).

Deb Jacobson
GLRPPR Executive Director

At 09:19 AM 11/6/00 -0800, you wrote:
>All,
>
>Has anyone ran across any good critique on the
>mass-market hybrid electric vehicles currently being
>sold by Honda and Toyota?  Anyone seen any life cycle
>analysis of these two specific models?
>
>I'd appreciate any leads you could offer.
>
>Thanks,
>jks
>
>=====
>

>Julie Sieving
>jsieving@yahoo.com
>Yahoo!

>Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one Place.
>http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu
PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org