Fwd: P2 for distilleries?

The information that I use for distilled spirits can be found on the Internet
at
<<http://www.epa.gov/ttn/chief/ap42/ch09/bgdocs/b9s12-3.pdf>http://www.epa.g
ov/ttn/chief/ap42/ch09/bgdocs/b9s12-3.pdf>  It has a process flow diagram
(alas
not a hierarchical process map) on page 2-4.  Unfortunately this document is
limited to air emissions but it has a great description of unit operations.
 It
also has a list of references.  You should check with the EPA Effluent
Limitations folks to see if this is covered under Miscellaneous Food and
Beverages Point Source Category
<<http://www.epa.gov/OST/pc/foods.html>http://www.epa.gov/OST/pc/foods.html>
spent a week touring facilities in Scotland in June.  No town was without its
local "spirit."  So don't get sidetracked along the way to your inventory like
I did to mine.  Happy hunting.

Bob Pojasek

> From: "Burton Hamner"
> To: "p2tech"
> Subject: P2 for distilleries?
> Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:49:59 -0800
> Sender: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net
>
> Hi Techsters.  I am looking for info on P2 for alcohol distilleries.  I am
> not finding much at all on the net.  Envirosense has one case study, P2Tech
> Archives has nothing, there are some tech articles here and there on
treating
> distillery slops, but no specific P2 stuff or even good process
> descriptions.  Can anyone refer me to an online source for process
> descriptions and P2 solutions?  Promise will post any findings back.  Am
> currently doing invty of P2 for alcoholic beverage production, have found
> lots for breweries, some for wineries, almost nothing for distilled
spirits.
> Thanks.
>
> Burt Hamner
> bhamner@cleanerproduction.com