Hazardous Wastes in K-12 Schools

We are conducting a search for information that will identify and quantify specific hazardous wastes that are found in typical schools of grades K-12..

Can anyone help us in identifying the types of waste and the quantity generated at each grade level?

Also, does anyone have examples of waste audits that may have been conducted in the K-12 schools along with recommended P2 alternatives?

This information will be used in a forthcoming effort to reduce potential impacts to children from hazardous wastes stored at individual school sites.

At this piont in our study, we are also seeking preliminary information, and will be most happy to accept whatever you can provide.

Sincerely,

jblood@dtsc.ca.gov

Joel Blood

Western Regional P2