RE: Hazardous Wastes in K-12 Schools

Joel -

You should check with Dave Waddell in King County, WA (206-263-3069 or
dave.waddell@metrokc.gov). They have conducted a very successful outreach,
evaluation, and collection program for haz waste at schools for the past
couple of years, and so he should have a lot of information on the typical
types and volumes of wastes, and have some recommendations for P2 and
improved management.

John Katz
Pollution Prevention Coordinator
US EPA Region 9
75 Hawthorne Street, WST-7
San Francisco, CA  94105
415-744-2150
415-744-1680 (fax)
katz.john@epa.gov

----- Forwarded by John Katz/R9/USEPA/US on 12/19/2000 12:16 PM -----

                    MINTON.Barbara@deq.s
                    tate.or.us                  To:     JBlood@dtsc.ca.gov, p2tech@great-lakes.net
                                                cc:     CClosson@dtsc.ca.gov, DHartley@dtsc.ca.gov,
                    12/18/2000 04:32 PM         KWilhelm@dtsc.ca.gov, RLanphear@dtsc.ca.gov,
                                                p2@ucsd.edu
                                                Subject:     RE: Hazardous Wastes in K-12 Schools

The best study I have ever read about ALL hazardous wastes found in schools
is a study done for the Burlington, Massachusetts Public School System in
1992.  It can be found
http://www.epa.gov/region07/kids/dresser.htm
<http://www.epa.gov/region07/kids/dresser.htm>