RE: Hazardous Wastes in K-12 Schools

Joel,

Another person you may wish to contact is Cliff Schrader at:
clschrader@tusco.net. He was instrumental in developing and implementing a
Hazardous Waste Removal Program for Ohio Schools K-12. The State
Legislature allocated funds for the physical removal of these hazardous
wastes from schools who wished to participate so the individual schools
were not charged. A total of 1,301,578 pounds of hazardous wastes were
removed from 824 schools. As a part of this program, 945 teachers from
around the state participated in Safety Seminars that were presented by Dr.
Schrader and others. The seminars provided chemical safety awareness to
these school representatives. It was an extremely successful project and
one that could be emulated throughout the country.

Dave