                 From:   Joel Blood [mailto:JBlood@dtsc.ca.gov]
                 Sent:   Friday, December 15, 2000 1:58 PM
                 To:     p2tech@great-lakes.net
                 Cc:     Cheryl Closson; David Hartley; Kim Wilhelm; Robert
Lanphear; p2@ucsd.edu
                 Subject:        Hazardous Wastes in K-12 Schools

                 We are conducting a search for information that will
identify and quantify specific hazardous wastes that are found in typical
schools of grades K-12..

                 Can anyone help us in identifying the types of waste and the
quantity generated at each grade level?

                 Also, does anyone have examples of waste audits that may
have been conducted in the K-12 schools along with recommended P2
alternatives?

                 This information will be used in a forthcoming effort to
reduce potential impacts to children from hazardous wastes stored at
individual school sites.

                 At this piont in our study, we are also seeking preliminary
information, and will be most happy to accept whatever you can provide.

                 Sincerely,

                 jblood@dtsc.ca.gov

                 Joel Blood

                 Western Regional P2