Re: who's your dream speaker?

There's an outside chance she may be a bit too controversial, but Anita Roddick founder  of The Body Shop is one of the most inspiring speakers and human beings I've ever heard.  She has a down-to-earth, approachable appeal as a speaker and person, one who really walks the walk.  Her environmentally-conscious business practices and superior cruelty-free, natural products have helped her succeed in many ways.  She's far and away my dream speaker.

>>> <Rick_Yoder/CBA/UNO/UNEBR@unomail.unomaha.edu> 01/23/01 05:59AM >>>
Hi, all,

A bit of idea mining, if you have  a moment (and sorry for the cross post)

Our campus has a speaker program, and is willing to consider a P2 related
speaker for their september time slot if we meet these two criteria:

A name well known to the general public  (And here I thought Amory Lovins would
be a natural, but they weren't so sure)
An excellent speaker (they suggested Mario Cuomo, but I don't know how well he
would do on P2-related issues)

I'd like your help in finding the right name that we can tie to P2 - which as
you know is an issue that can include
- Energy efficiency,
- Resource efficiency,
- Systems thinking,
- Innovative problem solving

You collective recommendations would be welcome.

regards,

ry