Conference Announcement: Implementing Sustainability in the Proc essIndustries, Houston, TX April 23-25 2001.

P2TECH'ers

A couple of people have written me asking about the "Implementing Sustainability in the Process Industries" conference I mentioned in a recent post.  And -- who am I kidding -- even if they hadn't I would've gotten around to plugging the conference to this group anyway.

The topical conference features 40+ papers, presentations and invited tutorial lectures on topics ranging from total cost accounting and sustainability metrics to green chemistry and Integrated Safety and P2 in chemical process/product design.   Our keynote speaker is Janine Benyus, author of the book "Biomimicry:  Innovation Inspired by Nature."

The conference is being held in conjunction with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers Spring National Meeting, in Houston, TX from April 23-25 2001 (this year).  Other technical sessions of note at this conference include a topical conference on Managing Houston's Air Quality Issues, the 5th Bi-Annual Process Plant Safety Symposium, and individual sessions on process and product innovation, process optimization, distillation technology, and other topics of relevance to P2 types who work with the process industries (chemicals, food, pharma, pulp and paper, etc).

Program info can be viewed at the AICHE web site:

http://www.aiche.org/conferences/techprogram/groupdetail.asp?GroupCode=T2&DSN=spring01

Hope to see some of you there.  Actually, I hope to see ALL of you there, but I like to set realistic goals.   :)
Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Conference Chairman, Implementing Sustainability in the Process Industries
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
MS K6-04
PO Box 999, Richland, WA  99352
(509)-372-4946 voice/(509)-372-4995 fax