From: Marchetti, John [mailto:John.Marchetti@ns.doe.gov]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:35 PM
To: 'p2tech@great-lakes.net'
Subject: FW: Horse Manure and Wood Shavings

-----Original Message-----
From: Beth McPherson [mailto:mcpherso@usit.net]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 12:09 PM
To: Marchetti, John
Cc: oliverjac@aol.com
Subject: Horse Manure and Wood Shavings

A new equestrian center in the early stages of development is
looking at alternative waste management schemes for horse
manure and the shavings into which it falls.  The estimated volume
of this waste stream will be as high as 50 pounds per horse per
day for as many as 5000 horses a day - not a constant or
consistent but a predictable volume on a monthly basis.  Does
anyone know the best way to handle such a valuable resource?
The developer has been told it is going to cost him to get someone
to take it.  Looks like a business opportunity to me!!  Any
suggestions or resource references are appreciated.