Cellular Manufacturing and P2

Cellular manufacturing allows a company to reduce cycle time, reduce
inventory, and improve quality.  Because it simplifies the manufacturing
process, I believe that it also creates opportunities for pollution
prevention.

Has anyone seen studies linking implementation of cellular manufacturing to
reducing pollution or employee injuries?

I would also be interested in any studies linking lean manufacturing, JIT
and group technology to environmental improvement.

Dennis M. Hussey