Beauty Parlors

In West Virginia there are many small beauty parlors in rural areas that use
septic systems. Recent enforcement of groundwater rules requires these small
businesses to install holding tanks to keep the chemicals they use out of
the septic system, and then have the holding tanks pumped out by hazardous
waste handlers. Many of these marginal businesses will simply fold. I have
suggested contacting the chemical suppliers for alternate chemicals that
will be acceptable. Is there any experience out there that we can tap?

Rudy Moehrbach
Waste Reduction Resource Center
1639 Mail Service Center
Raleigh NC 27699-1699