RE: Ammunition

Sandy,
Ft. Lewis consistently disposes of spent ammunition by recycling the shell
casings.  But prior to doing this, they have to  ensure that there are no
live rounds mixed in.  This process involves placing all of the rounds in a
hopper and heating them to combust the powder.  After this is done, the
casings and bullets are recycled.  The person you can contact is Frank
Crown, he oversees the Military Munitions Rule @ Ft. Lewis; his info is
below:
	Frank Crown
	(253) 967-2326
	crownf@lewis.army.mil
Hope this helps,

Kevin Shupe
WA Dept. of Ecology
NWRO, Toxics Reduction Unit
3190 160th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA  98008
(425)  649-7281 fax: (425) 649-7098
kshu461@ecy.wa.gov <mailto:kshu461@ecy.wa.gov>
 Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.  We allow
them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their
value. --  Buckminster Fuller

visit Ecology's home page at:  http://www.ecy.wa.gov/
<http://www.ecy.wa.gov/>
Please note this email is considered a public document, subject to
disclosure.